1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I would work at the tills. Working at the tills you would have to be fast working as sometimes the queues will get too long and you would want to make sure people don't get annoyed at waiting too long and that everyone will be able to get the items they want.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have become more confident and been able to talk to new people that will help in the future with other jobs. I have also been able to learn what it is like to work in a fast pace environment and how to cope with that.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed the friends I made and meeting new people and being able to learn more about working. I like being able to help people.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Sometimes when it would get busy people wouldn't know what to do because people would be all over the place so some workers would be doing more than others.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The gave me all the support i needed to make sure I knew everything to make sure I am confident to be left alone but even once I knew what to do they still helped and made sure I was doing a good job.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
They helped me just as much as the manger or employer. They would make sure everyone is doing the correct thing and would try to make sure no one was stressed.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It helps with talking to customers and making sure I helped them in any way I could.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There wasn't anything that people did from outside of work together.
9a. Would you recommend Primark to a friend?
As It is a great place to start off and gain skills that will help you in the future.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Primark?
Make sure you are prepared to work in stressful situations and if you don't know what to do, ask for help.