software engineer at Accenture

Degree Apprenticeship
November 2019

Connect with Accenture

7.9/10

I work for EDF energy and I work on smart analytics, I have to analyse data, extract data and create visualisation reports on Tableau for clients.

I have learnt how to use amazon aws services such as s3 and datapipeline. I have also learnt how to use SQL in aws Redshift alongside some Splunk commands and Tableau skills along the way.

I enjoy my programme a lot as it is very flexible, however I feel at times it can be a bit overwhelming as I have to study alongside working full time and learning new skills.

Imagine yourself working at Accenture

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Accenture

My Programme is fairly structured, I had a lot of issues on progressing to Level 6 and was delayed by 6 months. However, if I did not chase it up and keep pushing for my promotion. It could have been even longer...

I receive a fair amount of support, They are very understanding that I am also a University student and they allow me to take time of whenever I need for University work.

We receive a basic amount of support which includes the QA workshops for our modules and I guess it could be better but I am used to the system after 4 years.

It is not always relevant, yet I have learnt a lot of skills in my modules that give me a basic foundation for learning new skills when I go on to new projects.

At my Client site there are monthly socials and so many activities to do. I am really pleased with the environment here and it is a lot better than previous environments at other projects.

9a. Would you recommend Accenture to a friend?

It is a very big company and I find that there is a lot of opportunity for you to learn different applications, environments and how different clients work in such a fast moving technology world

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Accenture?

My best advice I can pass on is to not be scared of making mistakes and always ask questions to the professionals, no matter how hard somethings seems. There will always be a point where you are satisfied with achieving your goals.