Retail advisor at Superdrug

Nottinghamshire
£648 monthly
October 2019

My role is to serve customers, on tills, giving advice about products and helping customers find products. I also do activities such as zero to zero, top 30 shrinkage, price checks, tester orders, and fill up stock as well as making sure order and collects are don’t ready for customers to collect.

I have developed on my customer experience skills and have became a lot more confident along the way. I have learnt other skills such as on the htt which is technical skills as well as skills on the shop floor such as putting stock out and servicing customers with good customer service skills.

I enjoy it a lot. I work with a good team where everyone gets along, and everyone jokes about and can be themselves. It’s been the best job I’ve worked at as they’re always on hand to help me and I don’t mind getting up and going to work as it’s a good environment.

I think the programme is quite organised as we have our apprentice team who pops in every month to check up on us and go through our work. She also writes down everything I need to complete before the next visit and they is a list of everything that needs to be done for me and my manager to go through

I receive a lot of support from my manager, all my work colleagues and my apprentice worker who comes in to visit, they help me whenever I need help and I know they are always there if I have any questions to ask them about the apprenticeship and my work book

I get loads of help, [This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions] is always there to go through my work books with me and help me understand questions I didn’t quite get. She also talks through the progress of the apprenticeship and makes sure I understand what happens in the end and what to expect.

I start to understand what and why I need to do things within my role from talking about it, which makes me put it in to practice on the shop floor and learn and develop more confidence and skills that I’ve been taught that I learn from on the floor.

We have the Marie currie cancer events which we can either do in a Superdrug store, or do on our own to relate to the fundraiser so we could make something or bring something in for people to win which helps raise money and we also all put a bit of money in to Christmas fundraisers where we send some lynx to other charities for people who don’t have much

9a. Would you recommend Superdrug to a friend?

It is a good community, they usually are really good in store with staff who are friendly and always on hand to help me. I love working there as I’m around other products that I have knowledge about and I get along with everyone who works at the stoeere

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Superdrug?

To be confident and don’t panic as everyone who works there are really nice and helpful which helps out a lot and to be accepting