Materials Laboritories Aprentice at Rolls-Royce

Degree Apprenticeship
September 2019

Connect with Rolls-Royce

1st Yr, Block release uni, majority of the time spent in the RR LDC

2nd Yr, PLacements, uni 1 day a week, majority of the time spent in the business

Plenty

Very interesting, those around me are easy to talk to and can explain their specific areas in understandable terms.

It could be better, however, the majority of these problems are on going developments

Uni, Tutors are happy to help and are welcoming to those who would prefer a more I depth understanding and those that are struggling with the work.

Placement, the majority of the people I work around are informative, happy to help and answer any questions I have

Q5

gives a broader understanding on the subject, allowing me to understand the links between processes and theory

1st year induction was spent at outward bound in wales to work on key company values, communication and understanding of the job role.

2nd year have a second outward bound planned.

a group of apprentices occasionally arrange meets and events for the year.

9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend?

Personal developments, opportunities, a comfortable working environment, good hours and pay for an apprentice.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce?

Don't sit back, get involved with your work and others as they provide can provide you with vast amounts of information, if you seem willing to listen.