1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
We perform 4 month rotations which could involve supporting manufacturing, performing R&D, investigating failures, validating machines or re-writing specs.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Understanding of coatings and fluid systems, how to re-write specifications, how to and the importance of material preparation. I have also learnt many materials related information.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy the variety of moving around and experiencing different teams and different parts of the engine.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Due to the programme being new then I would say that the organising and structure of the course has been lacking. A few problems early on but it has improved.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I believe we receive a lot of support from both ADLs and managers.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Regular training sessions and support are always about at different sites. A phone call to the team normally fixes any issues.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Well the qualifications are more appropriate to a Manufacturing Engineer (ME) rather then a Materials Engineer. So I believe the qualification is only slightly useful.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are many social events available but I do not use them.
9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend?
Great company, great people and many many opportunities to develop.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce?
If you want to enter the world of engineering then go for it. The course is so much better then just going to University!
More from Rolls-RoyceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!