1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Tasks within placement, typically to do with the development or experimental side of the engines. Looking at engine data and design data.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
CAD modelling skills, communication skills, project management, people management, accountability, problem solving
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much so
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Well organised on the work side of the programme, the University side could be improved
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Rolls-Royce provide various means of support when needed, such as the employee assistance line. There are also other avenues of support that are very beneficial.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Support for in-house training for NVQ is very good, assessors will be aligned and help identify criteria hit and skill gaps. Off-the-job training at university is good, lecturers are generally quite helpful
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Because roles are so varied due to placements, the training provided at Uni will often hit areas of development. Having the understanding of theories and skills often allow me to apply them to work based projects, such as CAD.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
The Apprentice and Graduate Association is run at Rolls-Royce, allowing apprentices to take part in activities at subsidised costs. These include sports teams and social activities, such as the annual Christmas ball, the boat party and the ski trip.
9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend?
Great place to work, and allows for a lot of professional growth and development.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce?
Do your background research and understand what we actually do. Show confidence and enthusiasm for what you do.
More from Rolls-RoyceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!