1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role on a day to day basis is to fill up the shop and meet the companies required standards as well as running the store in my managers absence. Also whilst doing this I am allowed 3.5 hours a week to complete training towards my retail team leader level 3 qualification.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have been able to develop my business skills and knowledge around how a business is run, I have also been able to learn new techniques in business that can be used and adapted to suit my businesses needs. I have also been able to learn new skills such as confrontational staff members and the best ways to deal with it
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I had issues at the start of the programme as it wasn’t my style of learning, but after explaining my issues to my trainer we were able to come up with a middle ground solution that worked out for both of us, so now I’m enjoying the programme a lot more than I did at the start
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme itself is incredibly well structured and organised as month by month I know exactly what work I have to have done and I know exactly when it is due for, it is also extremely flexible around my current work schedule so that the two don’t start affecting each other.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I get some support from my employer in terms of lower down the company. For example I cannot thank enough the work my area manager and my manager have been putting in to ensure I get the work done, however head office still don’t allow us as learners to access the stores WiFi which means I have to be out of the work place to do any of the work I need to do and upload
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My training provider couldn’t do enough to ensure I get this qualification. [This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions] has been nothing but patient even when I fall behind, and if I do fall behind she’s willing to put the time and effort in to her ensure that I get back on track towards my end goal
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
My qualification helps me in my day to day role by allowing me to look at different case studies to go along with certain sectors, for example with challenging conversations it’s allowed me to judge each situation so that I know exactly what leadership style to use in that scenario
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend Fusion Lifestyle to a friend?
When doing a qualification or an apprenticeship I cannot stress how much lifetime have been able to help me, I’m not sure if it’s the company itself but [This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions] has got to be one of The best trainers I’ve seen from any apprenticeship or qualification, she’s the difference
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Fusion Lifestyle?
Work hard and don’t fall behind