1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role as team leader is to run the shift. Open the store, process the delivery, manage the team to maximise productivity. Manage stock and inventory. Leading the team to ensure high standards in store are maintained and ensuring we provide excellent service at all times
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
The role that I am currently in does not challenge me. I use my existing skills from my previous experience and have learned the iceland way but I dont feel I am gaining anything in doing this role.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am really enjoying this programme. I am learning new things and improving on my existing skills and knowledge however it does not challenge me. I feel with my experience I would find level 3 more of a benefit to me. My tutor is excellent and very supportive of my learning and very encouraging
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is very structured and really well organised but I feel that I do not need to leave as much time between visits/modules and I could complete the course quicker
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer Is supportive however I do not feel there are opportunities for me at this time to progress. There have been vacancies which would have been ideal for me but I was told I was not ready for the role. I disagree as I have previously been in this role in another company.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My training provider is very supportive
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
For me I do not feel that this qualification will benefit me. I am completing it because I have been told I can not progress in this company unless I complete this course. It would benefit me personally to do a more advanced course but this was not available to me in the role I am currently In
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Occasional charity events we hold in the store
9a. Would you recommend Iceland to a friend?
Weekly wages does not suit me personally. The pay structure or team leader pay is unfair. Hours get cut at short notice to save payroll money. The hours are anti social.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Iceland?
Make sure they get contracted hours for the amount of hours you need to live on.
More from IcelandMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!