1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Business Admin Assistant. I work in a framework with Severn Trent Water and MWH. I carry out day to day admin tasks for members of the Leadership team within Costain. This includes, diary organisations, setting up meetings, recording meeting notes, updating trackers, collating information.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills on Excel. I am now able to perform more complex forumla's. I have had training courses in Excel, both basic and advanced. I have learnt better communication skills through achieveing my Admin Level 3 NVQ
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I highly enjoy working with the people in my office, and the general environment within the office. I feel very relaxed and comfortable. I feel very supported by all the people around me
4. How valued do you feel by Costain?
I feel very valued by Costain, they are always looking to help me progress and improve myself.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
All of the training and support is very well organised within Costain. There are often check in's to ensure we are on programme and you can always go to someone if you need more support
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I received very little support from my external training provider (Kaplan), however I have received very good support from Costain
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive lots of support form Costain, both from HR, my line manager and others within the business
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary covers my current costs as I still live at home, however this salary does not support me if I wanted to move out and live independently
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are some opportunities outside of work, such as sporting activities
9. Would you recommend Costain to a friend?
They are very supportive and are always looking to improve you and help you gain more qualifications.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Costain?
To make sure you work your hardest and give it your all, as the company really go the extra mile for you