Trainee Supervisor at Iceland

£1,300 monthly
August 2019

Connect with Iceland

5 /10

A variety of skills/roles are necessary. These range from dealing with the public, stock control and numerous managerial tasks as well as a physical presence on the shop floor. Dealing with customer problems and supervising staff.

I have learnt new skills and developed existing skills.

At the moment the role is very demanding due to staffing pressures and has not been particularly enjoyable.

My training provider is excellent but my employer needs to make more time for official training.

At the moment support is poor. More time needs to be allowed for training and feedback.

My training provider has so far been very supportive. They are available for me to ask questions whenever necessary.

Early days.

Not that I am aware of.

9a. Would you recommend Iceland to a friend?

I feel they need to support and value their staff more.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Iceland?

Show willing and you must be able to multitask and work hard.