1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
A variety of skills/roles are necessary. These range from dealing with the public, stock control and numerous managerial tasks as well as a physical presence on the shop floor. Dealing with customer problems and supervising staff.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt new skills and developed existing skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
At the moment the role is very demanding due to staffing pressures and has not been particularly enjoyable.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My training provider is excellent but my employer needs to make more time for official training.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
At the moment support is poor. More time needs to be allowed for training and feedback.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My training provider has so far been very supportive. They are available for me to ask questions whenever necessary.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Not that I am aware of.
9a. Would you recommend Iceland to a friend?
I feel they need to support and value their staff more.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Iceland?
Show willing and you must be able to multitask and work hard.
More from IcelandMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!