1. Please give an overview of what your work experience involved:
Talks by current trainees, such as how to get into law, structure of the firm Legal research Reviewing contracts Group business project Mock employment tribunal
2. What training and skills development did you learn from your work experience?
Teamwork skills during mock employment tribunal Presentation skills during group business project Attention to detail whilst reviewing contracts
3. To what extent did you enjoy your work experience?
I really enjoyed this experience as I learnt a lot about the legal industry. I was really supported by my supervisors during the week and was given lots to do by them.
4. How well organised was your work experience?
The work experience was really well organised as we were provided with a timetable at the beginning of the week and always had a point of contact.
5. How much did you learn about the company culture and what it would be like to work there?
We had a talk by a current trainee on the company and its structure. We were also in different practice groups during the week which allowed us to experience the company culture from different perspectives.
6. How much did your work experience help you in deciding on your future career path?
This helped me to see what working in the legal sector entails as we were in practice groups so were given the opportunity to conduct legal research and see what projects the firm has been working on.
7. Were you paid or reimbursed for this experience?
8. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees?
Yes there were plenty of opportunities to network and meet other employees as we were allocated a supervisor each during the week and were introduced to other members of the firm. For example, I spent an afternoon talking to a partner.
9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
Pinsent Masons is a really welcoming firm and the work experience they provided gave a really hands-on experience and we were shown lots of different sectors within the firm and so had a really wide ranging experience.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Make sure to start work on your application early as it is a competitive work experience placement. Make sure to really think about what you are interested in, with regards to law, as you will need to discuss this in your application.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!