Work Experience Student at Pinsent Masons

£0 annually
August 2019

Connect with Pinsent Masons

1. Please give an overview of what your work experience involved:

In the mornings, we had talks on various topics as well a business exercise and a mock employment tribunal- all of which were really good. Then in the afternoons, we with supervisors to their departments and completed tasks they set us.

2. What training and skills development did you learn from your work experience?

The business exercise gave us an idea of what real job interviews will want so I know now how to approach a real one.

3. To what extent did you enjoy your work experience?

I really enjoyed the entire week as everything was arranged so well and all the talks were really interesting along with the activities and the opportunity to see what trainee solicitors actually do.

4. How well organised was your work experience?

We were given a timetable for the week so we knew exactly what we doing when so it was very well organised.

5. How much did you learn about the company culture and what it would be like to work there?

I learnt so much about Pinsent - it’s a much friendlier and nicer environment than I expected, I liked the fact it was an open plan office so it didn’t feel to hierarchical and it just generally seemed like a really nice place to work.

6. How much did your work experience help you in deciding on your future career path?

It has really helped as I now think I would like to gain a training contract in a big commercial firm like Pinsent. It has also given me an idea of areas of law that interest me as commercial litigation really appealed to me.

7. Were you paid or reimbursed for this experience?

No - we were given a £5 voucher for lunch on the first day

8. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees?

I got to speak with lots of the trainee solicitors and with my particular supervisors, I was able to ask them questions about their journey to law - which was really helpful.

9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?

Because they offer a great chance to experience a big law firm first hand and they plan it so well, meaning I felt comfortable at most points and found loads of elements enjoyable.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?

Take time when filling out the application. Also just talk about everything you do as there was a range of people on my work experience and we all had different hobbies/interests so there’s room for every type of person at Pinsent Masons.