Work Experience Student at Pinsent Masons

August 2019

Connect with Pinsent Masons

7 /10

1. Please give an overview of what your work experience involved:

My work experience at Pinsent Masons involved talks, seminars and time spent in three different seats (Corporate, Finance & Projects, and Property).

2. What training and skills development did you learn from your work experience?

The tasks I was set were predominantly research-based. Through these I learnt how to efficiently process and analyse huge amounts of data in a short time frame.

3. To what extent did you enjoy your work experience?

Overall, I found my placement at Pinsent Masons to be enjoyable. A particular highlight was the Mock Employment Tribunal.

4. How well organised was your work experience?

The work experience was fairly well organised; however, some of the talks felt poorly prepared.

5. How much did you learn about the company culture and what it would be like to work there?

I feel that my insight into life at a commercial law firm was fairly realistic. Pinsent Masons seemed to be friendly and inviting.

6. How much did your work experience help you in deciding on your future career path?

I've decided that working as a commercial lawyer isn't for me; however, the work experience placement was valuable nonetheless.

7. Were you paid or reimbursed for this experience?

No and I didn't expect to be!

8. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees?

Yes there were - in general, everyone was willing to answer any questions I had.

9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?

The Work Experience Programme at Pinsent Masons is generally very well organised and informative.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?

It's a brilliant experience and is definitely worthwhile! Make the most of it and don't be afraid to ask questions.