1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Managing people Day to day running of the in store operations Adhering to all legal and health and safety requirements Ensuring store if full and tidy Checkout operations and results
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Communication skills have enhanced Have had to learn about structure and my admin time Coaching to get the best out of my team Honest and open conversations
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I do enjoy the programme and have the support from my trainer. It can be challenging at times when running the store and getting the work and home life balance
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is structured and easy to navigate around the programme. Know exactly what is expected and where to fins the information to help get through the programme.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive support in terms of my allocated admin time where have been allocated 3 hours per week, if honest need to be disciplined to actually ensure I am strict with myself. Do feel could have support from my line manager and probe a bit more as to how things are going.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
She is always readily available through phone or email to answer any questions or queries and will always support giving me clear direction.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It makes me self reflect and analyse situations that may arise within my role. The information and modules do make you think about how you behave in situations as well as allowing you to be self aware of you how you act and behave
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
no unless organised by myself and my team for a night out
9a. Would you recommend Iceland to a friend?
Iceland are committed to helping people develop within their roles and further themselves and always provide training to support promotion. Talent programmes are available and allows those who want to step up the chance to do so.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Iceland?
Be yourself ensure they detail strengths to bring to the business.
More from IcelandMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!