Retail assistant at Iceland

Bury St Edmunds
August 2019

Connect with Iceland

my job involves carrying out the date check, including half pricing fresh meat, bread and waste interacting with customers, packing home deliveries and covering tills where needed.

in my job role i have learnt to be more efficient and manage my time better based on the jobs i have to get done. I have also learnt more about the admin side including date check percentages and hourly sales and how these can be effected.

i enjoy my programme as it allows me to learn about different aspects of the business and how these can be effected,

my programme is well organised, i am informed at each stage of the different steps i need to take to aid my learning and how i can use this when i am at work, i have regular face to face meetings with my trainer.

i don't typically get a lot of support from my manager i have not had a conversation with him about where i am at or if i need help with anything or what training can be provided, my little support comes from another in store apprentice supervisor

i receive a lot of support from my trainer i can send emails with questions when i need help, during out meetings we go trough thing i am struggling with whether it is maths or a module.

i have learned about different types of customers and how i can help them depending on what their needs are.

i am currently a volunteer instructor within the sea cadets, when i am not working or carrying out my cadet duties i like to go swimming or use the gym.

9a. Would you recommend Iceland to a friend?

overall its a good place to work in with progression opportunities.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Iceland?

research about iceland before your interview, work hard and take any opportunities that are offered to you. i would have like to been told more about the opportunities that could be available to me.