1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Check faults reported overnight Check Maintenance plans for the week and feedback accordingly Plan and monitor work carried out by my team of 8 Electricians / Technicians Review safety documents Issue isolation permits Supervise Contractors Respond to out of hours calls Arrange surveys / quotations for work Manage £1.3million budget
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
People Skills Financial Skills Health & Safety Awareness Problem Solving Skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I felt it was one of the best apprenticeships available and would encourage anybody considering applying for a TATA Apprenticeship to go for it - not many other companies can give you the level of training and support that TATA has given me
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised - a full details 4 year training plan was put in place
Even after the completion of my apprenticeship , further training is available to me
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer and Line manager have supported me every step of the way and I am very grateful for the support received to date
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Bridgend college could offer me as little / much support as I required, providing I was willing to put the effort in myself
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Due to the effort I put in myself and the additional FE courses taken, I was able to progress to senior engineer quicker than I had expected to
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are activities to take part in and I am a member of the TATA Sports and Social club
9a. Would you recommend Tata Steel to a friend?
Without doubt the biggest and best employer in the south wales area
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Tata Steel?
Put the effort in and you will be rewarded with a challenging and enjoyable role with an attractive salary
More from Tata SteelMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!