Manufacturing Engineer at Tata Steel

Port Talbot
£2,400 monthly
July 2019

My role at the moment is managing a production team of 30 people. Our aim is to continuously cast molten steel. I deal with HR problems to production problems.

I’ve learned a lot of new skills. Communication skills, team working and Health and safety management to name a few.

It was a brilliant time, the fist year was all collage based then for the remainder we were on the production floor and collage for one day a week.

It was very well structured and organised. We had our set time table and rota. We had our NVQ meetings set up to meet our shift pattern.

As much as I request. They are that willing to help with any issues or further progression I may need.

They were always available through the week for any support or advice I needed with my qualifications.

It has helped me a lot as I learned how to manage stock and manage people in the best way to get a more efficient and effective work force.

Not at the moment. Any extra activities are organised within the team. There are some special events for family’s and sports events.

9a. Would you recommend Tata Steel to a friend?

Brilliant place to learn a trade and work!

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Tata Steel?

Go for it!! You won’t regret it! It’s made my life much better.