1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role at the moment is managing a production team of 30 people. Our aim is to continuously cast molten steel. I deal with HR problems to production problems.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I’ve learned a lot of new skills. Communication skills, team working and Health and safety management to name a few.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It was a brilliant time, the fist year was all collage based then for the remainder we were on the production floor and collage for one day a week.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was very well structured and organised. We had our set time table and rota. We had our NVQ meetings set up to meet our shift pattern.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as I request. They are that willing to help with any issues or further progression I may need.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
They were always available through the week for any support or advice I needed with my qualifications.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It has helped me a lot as I learned how to manage stock and manage people in the best way to get a more efficient and effective work force.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Not at the moment. Any extra activities are organised within the team. There are some special events for family’s and sports events.
9a. Would you recommend Tata Steel to a friend?
Brilliant place to learn a trade and work!
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Tata Steel?
Go for it!! You won’t regret it! It’s made my life much better.
More from Tata SteelMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!