1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was part of the maintenance team within the workshops, carrying out maintenance on cranes, machinery and structures
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
My people skills have increased and I have improved my communication skills which in turn has improved my overall confidence. My practical skills and technical knowledge have also benefitted greatly since joining the company thanks to the experience and diversity of the maintenance tasks.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy coming to work every day thanks to the learning opportunities available to me
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
There is a good structure to the training programme, with clear aims and objectives that are completed through courses and on site experience.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
There is a wide range of support available within the company, not just from the apprenticeship academy. Employees from across Tata are happy to help when required
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
The training provider organises monthly reviews to ensure that the work is being completed in a timely manner and up to the correct standard
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The qualification helps performance tenfold. It gives a greater understanding of the jobs you're asked to do and enables you to spot opportunities for improvement across different works areas.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes, I have taken part in cross country walks, touch rugby tournaments, and 5-a-side football tournaments, all to raise money for various charities.
9a. Would you recommend Tata Steel to a friend?
Tata steel has taught me a trade that is recognised worldwide as one of the best apprenticeships to complete. They have funded and supported me to continue in further/higher education with the end goal of gaining a degree in mechanical engineering.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Tata Steel?
It helps to have a bit of mechanical experience before applying, no matter how small. Take time to learn about the company before attending interviews, and if you are keen and work hard, Tata will support you to go further with your education
More from Tata SteelMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!