1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Manage a team of 12 craftsmen carrying out planned maintenance, statutory inspection and breakdown repairs on EOT cranes
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Constantly developing skills though job specific training courses and experience
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Great experience with endless opportunities to develop
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
From start to finish the programme is arranged to constantly keep you engaged
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Working with experienced craftsmen to gain hands on and supported throughout
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
1st year full time based at Cross Keys College and then day release for the following 3 years. Superb facilities and friendly experienced lecturers
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Everything was work related whilst training which provided me with a superb platform to start from and develop
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Encouraged to get involved in professional networking activities and a great team working mind set within dept which includes regular social activities
9a. Would you recommend Tata Steel to a friend?
Good company to work for, positive, forward thinking, innovative and encourages self development
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Tata Steel?
Research the company, be enthusiastic,
More from Tata SteelMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!