1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
General chemical analysing of waters/soils/steels etc
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Practical, hands on chemistry
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It was very enjoyable, with interesting subjects and plenty of hands on practical experience.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Well structured with defined modules and areas of training
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I was supported at all levels
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Bridgend college, and later, Univesity of Wales Newport were both excellent
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It has given me both practical and technical experience which has helped throughout my whole career
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Lots of sporting activities and even a rock choir!
9a. Would you recommend Tata Steel to a friend?
The apprentice scheme is excellent and most apprentices continue on to have a long career within the business
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Tata Steel?
Visit the open evening to see which discipline you are best suited to before applying.
More from Tata SteelMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!