1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an assistant manager, my role is to oversee the staff and report back to the manager if i feel there are any issues. I complete tasks daily and deligate to staff members
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, I have come a long way since I first started. I am more confident in my work. Know more about paperwork such as health and safety and any legal paperwork.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy learning but sometimes the workload can be a lot. especially around christmas time and I found it quite stressful but my tutor was really supportive.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Sometimes it can feel like my tutor is balancing too much work and our meetings can feel rushed. But a lot of the time I feel they are organised and planned ahead.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My manager is fully supportive and always providing me with fresh opportunites to put in my PDP.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My tutor is really supportive of me and always tells me i am doing a great job and how far i have come. He always lets me know i can message him whenever if i need him for anything that is related to the course.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
When i first started in the role i didn't really feel confident in my self and the work i was doing. But since taking on this qualification i can say i am more confident and it definitely shows through my work.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend GAME to a friend?
It has really helped me over the past year and i think it shows through my personality now.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to GAME?
Be your true self and express exactly what you are wanting to get from the course and make the most of your time. Don't be afraid to say when you are unsure of something.