Analyst Apprentice at Capgemini

Birmingham
July 2019

Connect with Capgemini

I am a PMO Analyst and on a day to day basis i support numerous project managers by running and analising reports and also looking at project governance to ensure that we remain conformant in a number of different areas such as planning and finance. I also have training programmes which i attend within the workplace too.

i have learnt lots of new skills especially the use of Microsoft Excel and a number of in house applications. i have also improved my knowledge of risks and issues. With doing various training programmes as well i have learned a lot more about the business and operations work as well.

i have thoroughly enjoyed my programme to date. i have learnt a lot of important business skills whilst also improving on soft skills such as communication and body language. I would like to progress through the company and be able to expand my skillset quite vastly. I enjoy the people who i work with as they help me on a daily basis.

my programme is very well structured. i know all the different lines of escalation and i am also made aware of what is going on within my career and of the reviews that take place regarding me and and my future. I think out of previous work experience and capgemini, i have been given a much better programme here then other places.

i recieve a high amount of support from my employer. I find senoir people within the organisation approachable should i have any issues or queries. I know various people within the workplace who i can go speak to for a wide range of problems if i happen to have them. There is also a HR office and nurse in the workplace who i can speak too.

i recieve a lot of support by my training provider and i regularly attend courses and CBTs to further improve on my knowledge and skills. I think that i get a lot of training within the business which help on specific jobs i get as well so thats quite nice to have.

I feel as though most of my training is directly linked to the work i carry out. I think that as i move around the business working in various departments and offices, i will pick up more knowledge and training and as long as i keep a note of various training i've had i should be able to use this in the future.

I have not been told or been involved with extra-curricular activities. I have not personally sought any out myself or asked about them so it could be due to my own neglegence however none have also been emailed or mentioned to me. I think i could organise networking activities though if i wanted too.

9a. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend?

I would recommend Capgemini because i would say that i have grown massively since joining, not just professionally but also as a person and i enjoy coming to work everyday. i find Capgemini an exciting place to work and i really think there are a lot of opportunities here too.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini?

Be open and honest with your application as the Capgemini application process and the steps will not only find out what sort of person you are and if you suit a role within Capgemini, you wont just be joining a company you will be joining a company of friends with high values.