1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I go on the till serving customers and trying to sell starbuys and sims, i go on first aisle and help customers with makeup and hand out baskets to people with lots of items and i use dollies and totes to restock shelves, i also show customers where all of our products are if and when they need help.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt all about retail and how it works, all the sections in the books have shown me each section of how retail works, for example knowing the legislations and laws, and also knowing how to shrink shrinkage and stop empty handers, ive learnt how to communicate with people i don’t know.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the programme but i don’t like asking customers all the stuff i like the customer to be happy and people dont want to be bombarded with stuff, i love helping customers because the customers then are happy and they therefore are spending more money which is good for the company.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I love the appointments with my assessor as he is really nice and helps me with all my work, and helps me if im stuck however within my store it is not organised well as i never get the time i am supposed to, to do my work so i am always behind.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
i get some support but not enough as i am never given enough time to do all my work, i am always behind and there is never enough staff in the shop to let me do my work so i feel like i am always rushed or that im needed downstairs
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I haven’t really heard from superdrug only my store and my assessor, my assessor is the main person who tries to fight for me to have the time to do my work and to make sure i know both what im doing and when i need to do it for.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I think it does help me as i feel like i know the insides of the job, for example i know with all the sections every aspect of the job such as protecting stock and helping customers at every interaction which makes me feel more confident in my role as apprentice
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
No there isn’t however i get on with every single person i work with and class them as my friends so it would be nice to go out and do something other than going for a drink or the christmas party, something like that could build the team up
9a. Would you recommend Superdrug to a friend?
it is really good to work with makeup i love trying out all the new makeup and helping customes with it and serving people on the till is also actually very enjoyable and working in the town i live in means i get to see loads of people i know
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Superdrug?
i would just make sure that you get the time you need when doing an apprenticeship as it is annoying when i cant do my work and i would also make sure that they want to work with the public as the public at times can be very difficult to deal with
More from SuperdrugMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!