1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My day involves fixing faults on BMW’s that are brought in. The cars are usually purchased from us and come in under warranty this involves running checks to see what is going wrong including plugging in a computer and doing a diagnostic check. I usually work with someone and learn from their experience
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how to carry out diagnostics checks using a plug in computer and I have gained the experience in reading the fault codes. With this information I am able to replace parts as seemed fit to the experts and I am given my feedback to help me get better
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme I am on is sometimes disjointed however I enjoy my college time and like my role. I look past the little niggles and look forward to completing my scheme. My programme is taught well and I enjoy admiring the cars I work on. Therefore I really enjoy it
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My structure of my programme could be Better but so could a lot of things I think that I am given a good amount of work balanced with the college side of things and I enjoy what I am doing, the lesson sometimes run over but I guess that is more down to the teachers enjoying the subject and getting carried away with conversation
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Every body I work with is supportive and they all try their best to help me out if I am ever stuck or have and queries. they are usually busy themselves however they always find time to give me a hand when needs be which I feel is good and helpful.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
The support from Bmw is good and everyone helps me when they can they all try their best to help me out if I am ever stuck or have and queries. they are usually busy themselves however they always find time to give me a hand when needs be which I feel is good and helpful.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
From my training I have learnt how to carry out various tasks and it has seen me perform better in my role, I do things more easily and feel more relaxed doing my job I also get why things work how they do and it’s given me an overall better understanding.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are loads of activities we do together outside of work such as going on nights out and going to 5 a side. We all play football together on a Monday evening and it is a good crack with us having to work in a team makes it easier on work
9a. Would you recommend BMW Group to a friend?
If you love cars and admire bmw’s Attention to detail then you’ll enjoy working here. There’s so many nice cars and it is really cool to get to understanding how they are put together and how they can be fixed. I feel that the money is good
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BMW Group?
If you apply I would check that it is the right job for you as it can involve a lot of pressure and time management skill. I would possibly advise applying for work experience to get a feel for the job and then you will also have a foot in the door
More from BMW GroupMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!