1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
With a general day to day it would include my self helping with any customer support which includes any queries they may have or any technical difficulties they may be facing. I usually deal with each customer myself song try the best I can to run tests over the phone
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have definitely improved my customer service skills and improved my ways and methods of talking to customers to ensure they have the best experience even when things are not going well and they may be angry or frustrated. I have also developed my skills of being able to carry out tests over the phone quickly
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I fairly enjoy my programme. I enjoy talking to different customers every day and I enjoy being able to resolve people’s issues making them happy. Although not every customer is happy when I call I just try my best to ensure they have a pleasant experience as well as making my job easy
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I get days where I can focus fully on my course work and I feel that time given is enough to learn as well as gain experience so I would say it is well structured. I get motivated when I achieve specific criteria and to also feel like I have the support in place when I need it
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer are very supportive and they push me to do well in my qualifications there for I get given a lot of time to make sure I get my work done and in a relaxed environment where there is no stress and it is easy for me to focus
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My training provider really do provide a massive amount of support whether it is extending my deadlines because of a high work load or something like the matter of having difficulties with work and providing my self with support so that I can complete my log books and so on.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I feel that it has built my confidence and give me a good opportunity to learn key skills that help deal with certain situations when handling customer calls. My portfolio log book also shows me a range of different scenarios and I am able to learn from all of them
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Every now and again someone organises a night out on the weekend or something where we all get together and have a laugh and a drink with eAchother which boosts the team morale and makes stories for the following week. There are also some events that take place to get us Involved with different things
9a. Would you recommend BT to a friend?
There is a lot of reasons I would suggest why. I feel like the team mates I work with are all friendly and helping. There’s loads of opportunities to progress through the company and there is a lot of self satisfaction after helping people stay calm and sorting their issues
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BT?
I would suggest keeping calm and relaxed about all situations but also doing things in a timely manner to ensure customers are left happy. It can be sometimes challenging but always remember that the person is not angry at you but with a fault that could be very simple to fix