1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
A basic day is normally always fun, and will always be different from the day before hand. You will conduct the same roles you did every other day but speak to different people and have different situations to be involved in.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I’ve learnt a lot of new skills, but most importantly I’ve learnt friendship, teamwork and have gained a mad lot of confidence. I talk to a lot of people without feeling pressured or nervous now.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy the program and recommend it to everyone, you learn daily, build confidence and make friends in such unusual people that you happen to meet daily. I’ve never enjoyed a job as much as I do with savers.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It’s very well organised, I get help wherever and whenever I need it no questions asked. You’re helped in full detail everything is ordered and set out for you so you can’t go off track.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a lot. My two managers, supervisors and other colleagues love getting involved and giving me a helping hand, you also get support outside the shop which does come in handy if you need a hand and no one in store can help you out.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My training provider is great, I’ve been giving phone numbers and email addresses to contact her whenever I need her wether it be working hours or outside of work, there’s always speedy replies and a great help when needed.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
With the learning I’m currently doing it helps me apply it to my every day work life and I can adapt certain things into my attitudes when serving are working with equipment it’s quite fun.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
So far there’s not been any I’ve been made aware of. However the ladies I work with have all planned to do Zumba classes together outside of work which we’ve been enjoying and helps us bond as a team better.
9a. Would you recommend Savers to a friend?
Because it’s a brilliant company to work for, with constant support when needed, family like environment and constant reward systems in place it makes the days enjoyable and I always look forward to my next shift which is good.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Savers?
Just go for it, having no experience doesn’t matter I didn’t when I started out. You’ll have constant help and support and will work with and alongside amazing people, whom will become friends for life like mine now have. You’ll have fun along the way.
More from SaversMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!