1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Day to day tasks involve planning the day, serving customers and dealing with daily occurrences such as checking and accepting deliveries, invoicing, staff briefing and replying to emails.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have improved my organization skills and attention to details. I am now able to take my own initiative and made the decision, should I have any customer service, staff or technical problem in the store. I also have learn do not take it personal when it comes to an issue that doesn't directly involve me.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the program a it is an eye opener on many things that I was taking for granted or I didn't care about. I have learnt the importance of work ethics and appreciation. I enjoy, when my trainer is enthusiastic and guides me through the course materials and also gives me an advice on how to progress.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
To be honest I am little bit confused and I am not always very clear on what I am supposed to do. Motivation could be better and I would like to my trainer kept reminding my of deadlines as I am really busy at work and home so I would help me a lot.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The employer is very supportive, I have access to all the materials at work and I find it very useful. I can also access all the necessary information at any time so not need to panic as this is always available. I can also discus this with my manager, who is happy to support me.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
The online materials are very accurate and useful and I can access them at any time. The trainer could do better, as sometimes I do feel very motivated. Its great that I can see my progress and work toward my goals at my own pace as well as ask for advice .
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I start oversee the business from different perspective and I have improved people skills and understand more the importance of planning schedule, recruiting, training and developing. I am hoping to get better with numbers, forecasting, marketing. I also hope to progress to different role and experience new challenges and will have positive impact on people and business.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Charity events are the most popular event as the involve all communities such as schools, businesses and local people. Sport competitions, football or netball are great fun and help to meet new people. Team meeting are great opportunity to share views and feedback to the manager so improvements can be arranged.
9a. Would you recommend Youth Connexions to a friend?
It is fun, great place to meet new people, create connections. For some people this can even be lifestyle, providing that they do what they like. Working here creates the bond and belonging to something that is affecting others peoples life in many ways. Great to work and meet people with passion.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Youth Connexions?
Everyone can find something and connect as there is a lot of passion. You have to be true yourself and believe in yourself, you also have to be passionate and have a will to make changes and take up new challenges. Every day brings something new, no day is the same.