work experience at Pinsent Masons

£0 weekly
May 2019

Connect with Pinsent Masons

1. Please give an overview of what your work experience involved:

I gained a perspective on what a law firm is really like in order to become more confident in my decision to study law at University. I shadowed a trainee solicitor for a week where i helped with any tasks given that would help them.

2. What training and skills development did you learn from your work experience?

I gained more confidence and learned valuable problem solving skills and team work skills when working on a mock tribunal

3. To what extent did you enjoy your work experience?

I thoroughly enjoyed my week of work experience and I would recommend to any student who is interested in studying law. The people are very friendly and always there to help if you are stuck.

4. How well organised was your work experience?

It was very well organised. We were given a folder on the first day with everything we needed for the week inside. The presentations and group tasks were also well thought out and useful.

5. How much did you learn about the company culture and what it would be like to work there?

I learned a lot about what a law firm was truly like throughout the week and my opinion completely changed on what lawyers are really like in a work environment.

6. How much did your work experience help you in deciding on your future career path?

This work experience greatly helped me confirm that I am going to pursue a career in law as it showed me what the job would involve and showed me how much I would enjoy it.

7. Were you paid or reimbursed for this experience?

We were not paid but we were given the cost of our travelling expenses back.

8. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees?

All students undertaking the work experience were grouped together from the start which made us very close and all the staff were very friendly and open to the idea of us working there in the future.

9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?

A very friendly environment that is well organised and gives you a real feel for what a career in law would be like.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?

To not be anxious about not knowing enough before going in, all the staff are very friendly and approachable and make you feel part of the team.