1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am running a muck shift to extend the quarry and allow us to continue to carry on producing high quality mineral for years to come
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend Tarmac to a friend?
Tarmac is a brilliant company to work for with a huge amount of opportunity. I left a well paid job to come and work for the company as a higher apprentice to progress through the company as a production manager.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Tarmac?
Have an idea of what direction YOU want to put your career in and don't let the company tell you where you will go to an extent. Work hard and reap the rewards.