Software Engineer Lead at Capgemini

Degree Apprenticeship
May 2019

Connect with Capgemini

8 /10

I am a Software Engineer controlling and maintaining a database and reporting system. I manage a team of collegues and provide reporting on many different subject matters at different time granularities.

I have learnt many coding languages and progressed my skills further.

It is a great programme and I would recommend it to anyone.

Very well organised and structured in the first week they explained exactly what we would be doing and when throughout the whole 4 year degree course and there has been no huge deviations from this.

A lot of support in guidance when you are not performing well this is all based on helping you which is great and never "telling you off" or being angry they are super understanding and great to be learning and working for.

The training provider is always there when you ask questions and also within the company we have a direct link to the trainers.

I feel it does not have great impact on my day to day because of my current role but can see how it will help me in the future and by having a slightly different role I am able to learn more.

There are extra activities but I find a lot of these are in London and I live in the North of the North West so these are hard to get to, but there is an attempt to do some events up in the North which is nice.

9a. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend?

Because they are a great company who have given me a chance to work and get a degree, and are very supportive of my future and career.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini?

Be willing and happy to travel as you will find better roles when you travel, be willing to lose some time outside of work to your degree because you're performing a full time job and near to full time studying. But you will enjoy it and time will fly by.