Apprentice Laptop Technician at Dixons Carphone

Newark-on-Trent, Newark NG24, UK
£1,160 monthly
May 2019

Connect with Dixons Carphone

I am an apprentice laptop technician, I repair laptops on a daily basis

I have learnt a lot of telephone skills, repair skills, and more.

I enjoy it a lot however targets in the job role get a bit too much. Other than that the college course is set up well and the other people who work at knowhow are welcoming too

The college side is well structured though the repairs side seems to be made up as it goes along due to it being quite new

We receive support most of the time however they seem to have looked away from individuals who are struggling for a few months now.

Again training is a bit slack. On the other hand, the college tutor we have which trains us new stuff like soldering and more is amazingly helpful.

We learn new things which can help us improve our skills. We have learnt how to correctly use multimeters in the job role and much more.

no, not that the apprentices get invited to anyway

9a. Would you recommend Dixons Carphone to a friend?

Yes I would however I would prepare them for the strict targets and the long days (seem longer due to there being no fresh air in the building because were not allowed openable windows).

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Dixons Carphone?

Nothing really, Its a good place but could be better in a few ways. The canteens are expensive so prepare to be making a pack up everyday. There is only conditioned air which can hurt your throat after a while.