1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an apprentice laptop technician, I repair laptops on a daily basis
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt a lot of telephone skills, repair skills, and more.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy it a lot however targets in the job role get a bit too much. Other than that the college course is set up well and the other people who work at knowhow are welcoming too
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The college side is well structured though the repairs side seems to be made up as it goes along due to it being quite new
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We receive support most of the time however they seem to have looked away from individuals who are struggling for a few months now.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Again training is a bit slack. On the other hand, the college tutor we have which trains us new stuff like soldering and more is amazingly helpful.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
We learn new things which can help us improve our skills. We have learnt how to correctly use multimeters in the job role and much more.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
no, not that the apprentices get invited to anyway
9a. Would you recommend Dixons Carphone to a friend?
Yes I would however I would prepare them for the strict targets and the long days (seem longer due to there being no fresh air in the building because were not allowed openable windows).
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Dixons Carphone?
Nothing really, Its a good place but could be better in a few ways. The canteens are expensive so prepare to be making a pack up everyday. There is only conditioned air which can hurt your throat after a while.
More from Dixons CarphoneMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!