1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I used to be in the Business development team but I have recently moved into the brand and digital team, I have a few responsibilities but my main ones include:
Support on maintaining our social media presence across all digital channels Drive awareness of the Colt brand through supporting on campaigns and the running of the Colt website.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
1) Communication - I have been able to develop my communications skills by interacting with people on a daily basis through both oral and written communication. 2) Organisation - I have been able to further develop my organisational skills by learning new ways to organise myself through first hand experience in project management.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am really enjoying my time at Colt one of the main reasons for this is because of the company culture. Colt's Company culture is amazing, there is always something going on whether it is a presentation in the hub from our customers to teach us more about what our customers do or drinks in the hub to celebrate an achievement or special occasion, one thing is for sure Colt is a really fun place to work.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I feel very valued at Colt because I gain constant reorganisation from my manager and my team, this often happens in weekly meetings which I have with my team where we all discuss progress our progress and if something is done well we are praised for it for example, I recently came up with an idea for social media which has increased our monthly following by over 200 a month and I received a reward and recognition from both my team and manager.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I think the apprentice programme is structured very well I know who my team is and I also know who in HR is available to support me if I need support. This is really useful because if I have a work query I know I can go to my team and if I have an issue with something more personal I know who my point of contact is for HR.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I have recently received my qualification but while I was studying we did receive some support in the form of webinars, this was useful because the webinars were always available whenever I needed them. At the start of the apprenticeship it was a bit of trouble to reach out to BPP as it was not clear who to contact but that was all cleared up when we raised the issue.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I studied towards a Level 3 Business Admin qualification which i think was quiet useful when it came to my job role. In this qualification we went through different types of marketing and also project management which are two subjects which are directly linked with my job role and I was therefore able to apply to my role and become more organised.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are lots of extra-curricular activities to get involved in at Colt for example, in the mornings a running club is available for anyone where you can join a number of Colt employees on a run through Shoreditch. Also, Colt often hold professional Networking events in the Hub on the ground floor, these events often involve people coming to the office to speak about a specific topic.
9a. Would you recommend Colt Technologies to a friend?
I would recommend Colt to my friends because it is an excellent company to work for that offers a wide range of different opportunities. For instance, in my previous role I went to Paris and to Madrid, opportunities which are hard to come by through a job. Also, Colt hold excellent social events which really help you network and get to know people for example, Colt have held drinks for both St.Patrick's Day and Chinese New Year, both of these events have helped me meet new people at Colt and learn more about the business itself.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Colt Technologies?
My Main tip for anyone applying for Colt would be to be yourself, Colt like people who have their own identity and are hard working so if you just work hard and show who you are in the interview process you will be fine. Also, I would recommended reading up on Colt a little bit before applying so that you gain a basic knowledge on what Colt are.