1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
On Monday, the entirety of the morning was spent going through health and safety, IT and other administrative procedures. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings, we received presentations that were Entry to Law, Commercial Law and also Litigation. The afternoons were spent with our appointed trainee doing activities such as research, attending calls and Proofreading.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt newfound research skills using search engines specific to law. I have developed communication skills when approaching the lawyers for help or for clarification.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really did enjoy the programme, because there were other like-minded work experience students as well as extremely dedicated trainees who did their best to make us feel welcome and involved in whatever work they did. Everyone in the departments was extremely nice, and I overall had a great experience.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
Extremely. I know that some placements only allow students to do purely administrative work, but this was not at all the case. I was totally involved in what the trainees were doing at the time, and they all put me at ease by welcoming questions and overall being kind to the students.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Not a lot of info was given to us at the start, but it was sufficient.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot. At every turn, I received support when the tasks were difficult.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
It was an excellent work experience placement that I am sure to recommend to everyone.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Take time to think about the answers. Don't rush it. Make sure you make the deadline.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!