Work Experience Student at Pinsent Masons

North West
£0 annually
October 2014

Connect with Pinsent Masons

I completed teh week long work experience programme. During the week I worked in 4 different areas of the firm and completed tasks that were relevant to the sector and i frequently completed work that was related to real issues and cases. I worked closely with a trainee solicitor in a particular sector and they supervised all of my tasks. Also when the opportunity arose i was able to join them in meetings or conference calls. I was always under the supervision of a trainee solicitor however, i also had quite a lot of independence when completing tasks, this enabled me to fully appreciate the type of work solicitors undertake.

I became increasingly confident throughout the week. Also I started to understand the work a bit more and the satndard that is required.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Pinsent Masons. The time always went by really fast and i was hardly ever bored or left without work. Also, even though i was only there for one week, I was made to feel like a valued member of the team.

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

I was never made to feel like an outsider, and I was always involved with the cases that the Trainees were involved in. I was always treated with repspect and never made to feel that I was stupid, even though I am obviously considerably less qualified than they were.

It was extremely well organised. We had presentations in the morning, then we were picked up by our trainees. It always ran smoothly and on time. I never felt like i was in the wrong place or not meant to be there.

I was always able to ask my trainee for help if i needed it and i was always fully briefed over what i had to do fo a particular piece of work so I always knew what i was doing.

I never had to recieve support from anyone higher than the trainees, ut i was amde full aware of who to talk to if i needed them.

I was not paid for the work experience.

During my time there were no outside work opportunities, however, if there had been a social event we would have been invited to it.

9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?

This is a large company, however it feels quite homely and everyone is extemely friendly and helpful. Furthermore, the company values more than just good grades, they value poeples personality and experience which makes it quite a diverse company.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?

Always be yourself. Also, it doesn't matter if you don't do Law as an A-Level or have never completed any other work experience in a Law firm as this did not stop me from gettig onto the programme.