1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Taking incoming calls regarding login issues into the Bloomberg Terminal, escalating clients to the relevant departments and installing NEW Orders as well as additional licenses. Troubleshoot daily issues for login errors into the Terminal including our Bloomberg specific hardware. Completing relocation, conversion and removal orders for Bloomberg licenses.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
emails, professional manor, improved ways of approaching a problem, enhanced communication skills, vocabulary strengthened, teaching and many many more
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Step forward who was my "educator" / "college" was run poorly but they're no longer in business anymore for good reason. QA apprenticeships of which we use now is great! Also, from a Bloomberg operational stand point they was great in how they looked after the apprentices
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
a HUGE amount
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
again, they're no longer in business but the teachers themselves were good but the organisation as a whole was poor
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I learnt most if not all of my skills from my work placement. not the training provider
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
yes. team nights out, department nights out. Bloomberg yearly summer party. multiple organizations/communities within Bloomberg.
9a. Would you recommend Bloomberg to a friend?
amazing company to work for
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Bloomberg?
From an apprenticeship point of view don't try to come across like the perfect individual with loads of qualifications as a this age it's not expected. Simply show you're eager to learn, out-going and ready for the challengers ahead.
More from BloombergMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!