1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
During the short time that I have spent on this apprenticeship, I have loved every second of it. Although it includes hard work, I always learn something new every day and continue to enjoy the work itself more and more, as my knowledge grows. The courses are informative and educational.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Organizational skills, team work skills and communication skills. Although I have had the se skills in the past, this role has challenged me to expand on them more, but participating in experiences I haven't had the opportunity to do so far. Including traveling away from home and having to deal with things on my own.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy my program. Everyone who I work with I get along with on a working level and a personal level. I never dread going into work, only looking forward to what i'm going to be learning that day. Each day is anew experience which keeps me interested all the time.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It can definitely have its moments where its a little hard to understand why certain things have been put into place, but that is down to the fact it is running the new trail blazer type apprenticeship, which is still trying to be optimized for the apprentices within the company.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive all the support I need. If I am struggling to understand something or simply need some advice then I know I can always ask my manager or supervisor any questions I have and they will always try their best to give me an answer that can help me.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I am given all the equipment and educational materials I need to help me towards my qualifications. There are different areas that I can get the resources that I need, which I can access online or in books which are supplied by my company. This is all free to me.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
it definitely helps me in my role as it lets me have a wider understanding of electrical principles and fault finding which enables to me to perform at a higher level within my role. It allows me to compare what I learn in the classroom to what I learn on the job.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
within my patch at work they sometimes play football and have get together over the weekends, which is great for socializing and getting to know your colleagues. Also while away with my training group we get free time after our courses where we can hang out and explore the cities,
9a. Would you recommend Cadent Gas to a friend?
I would recommend cadent gas to a friend because I feel like they take very good care of their employees and I have enjoyed every minute of it so far myself. Cadent is a good industry and company to work for therefore I would recommend to my friends as well as others.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Cadent Gas?
It doesn't matter if you do not have the experience when going for an apprenticeship. Cadent like to help people learn new skills and also to share their existing skills with the people around them to overall help the company and individual employee. Be keen to learn and not afraid to ask questions.