1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is general administrative support to the HR function across the Darlington site.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, I feel I have become more confident.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Great, I love learning on the job, we had a whole weeks onboarding program about the company and a set timetable when we first started. We have 1:1's every other week with colleagues to watch our process and the college comes in once a month also.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We have 1:1 meetings almost weekly to check on our progress. With me being on the HR team I have all the support I need.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My training provider is great, at the moment I havent needed much help, but she is there for me whenever I need advice or help with my course work. She is very fast at responding and to help.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
At the moment I am new still to my role and the qualification so it hasn't fully overlapped yet. However, it has helped me gain a better understanding of legislations and policies.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
At work we have a scheme called EEEC (Every Employee Every Community) where we have to do at least 4 hours to help the community, I currently hosted a Mental Health Fair across the site for this.
9a. Would you recommend Cummins to a friend?
Cummins is a great company to work for, great colleagues, friendly environment, great benefits, I am always happy coming to work.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Cummins?
Just be yourself and don't be nervous. It is a friendly company and they can offer you so many opportunities if you work hard and stick in. You get out of Cummins what you put into Cummins.
More from CumminsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!