HR Apprentice at Cummins

Darlington
£1,200 monthly
May 2019

My role is general administrative support to the HR function across the Darlington site.

Yes, I feel I have become more confident.

Great, I love learning on the job, we had a whole weeks onboarding program about the company and a set timetable when we first started. We have 1:1's every other week with colleagues to watch our process and the college comes in once a month also.

We have 1:1 meetings almost weekly to check on our progress. With me being on the HR team I have all the support I need.

My training provider is great, at the moment I havent needed much help, but she is there for me whenever I need advice or help with my course work. She is very fast at responding and to help.

At the moment I am new still to my role and the qualification so it hasn't fully overlapped yet. However, it has helped me gain a better understanding of legislations and policies.

At work we have a scheme called EEEC (Every Employee Every Community) where we have to do at least 4 hours to help the community, I currently hosted a Mental Health Fair across the site for this.

9a. Would you recommend Cummins to a friend?

Cummins is a great company to work for, great colleagues, friendly environment, great benefits, I am always happy coming to work.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Cummins?

Just be yourself and don't be nervous. It is a friendly company and they can offer you so many opportunities if you work hard and stick in. You get out of Cummins what you put into Cummins.