1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My roll within Siemens Healthineers is to fix and maintain all contracted medical equipment in Barnet Hospital. On a day to day basis i would test all faulty thermometers that come into our workshop and accept new ones. I also shadow fellow engineers to gather as much knowledge as possible.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I am learning new skills near enough everyday, weather that is from shadowing a senior engineer or developing my own skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Sometime I feel like people forget that i am an apprentice and i am meant to be learning, rather then just a worker. But other then that its been perfect. My line manager has been on sick leave for 3 months which has made it difficult for other managers to navigate my apprenticeship.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Every training provider gives 100% effort in making sure i learn as much as possible and pass in the end.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I believe in the first year when I was doing the practical mechanical course and the practical (hands on) electrical course it has shown in my performance at work.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Every now and then a few of my colleges and I get together and play table tennis in the table tennis facilities that barnet hospital provides for all staff.
9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend?
Because I believe that Siemens provide such an amazing opportunity for young people who are just starting in their career to strive and reach their goals.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens?
As long as you are willing to learn and show drive and ambition, siemens will welcome you 'with open arms'.
More from SiemensMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!