MES Engineering Apprentice at Siemens

Barnet
£1,210 monthly
May 2019

Connect with Siemens

My roll within Siemens Healthineers is to fix and maintain all contracted medical equipment in Barnet Hospital. On a day to day basis i would test all faulty thermometers that come into our workshop and accept new ones. I also shadow fellow engineers to gather as much knowledge as possible.

I am learning new skills near enough everyday, weather that is from shadowing a senior engineer or developing my own skills.

Sometime I feel like people forget that i am an apprentice and i am meant to be learning, rather then just a worker. But other then that its been perfect. My line manager has been on sick leave for 3 months which has made it difficult for other managers to navigate my apprenticeship.

Every training provider gives 100% effort in making sure i learn as much as possible and pass in the end.

I believe in the first year when I was doing the practical mechanical course and the practical (hands on) electrical course it has shown in my performance at work.

Every now and then a few of my colleges and I get together and play table tennis in the table tennis facilities that barnet hospital provides for all staff.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend?

Because I believe that Siemens provide such an amazing opportunity for young people who are just starting in their career to strive and reach their goals.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens?

As long as you are willing to learn and show drive and ambition, siemens will welcome you 'with open arms'.