1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I have to learn all areas of the factory i work at e.g. milk intake, QHES etc, but also at the college we learn all the various dairy products there are, how to make them and the various other aspects of the industry which you do not normally see.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt a vast amount of skills even coming as an external student. I have been open to many new things which are fascinating to learn and implement into the factory. This has included working on small practicals at college on learning how to make SOP's, and products e.g. ice cream.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have enjoyed the programme of the course so far as it is working on site and off site. I have learned learning things hands on and getting to grips with this fascinating industry. But we also get to visit other sites which allows our knowledge and passion to expand.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is fairly well structured college is in blocks and there are timetables given to you, so there are no surprises. Work back at site is given to you by your mentor and yourself by explaining what you would like to do, but you do also have to explore and put your foot forward to learn too.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive all the help needed especially with dyslexia, both on site and at college. Both have been fab adapting to me and giving me a push all the way through the programme. Even with the assignments i have been given time to complete them and i have been given any help that i require from site to complete them.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I am given all the help needed and if any help is required i know who to talk to or where to obtain the information from. All information needed is on the college site and can be accessed any time of the day if you are desperate for any information and all staff will get back to your emails very quickly.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It is adapting to an ever growing industry and it is good to know every aspect of the Dairy Industry not just your own factory. This course allows you to develop into a key team member in any factory and will progress you once EDEN is completed after the three years.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There is nothing that i have yet seen on site, but it would be good to implement. As this would be a good opportunity to bond with the community and to allow them what we do on site and it will help boost the worker moral on site, if we introduce out of work activities.
9a. Would you recommend Arla Foods to a friend?
Being an EDEN student has completely opened my eyes to this fascinating industry and i would like to share this passion and the amount of knowledge it requires. It is hands on, full on and it is worth it. Please do not hesitate to apply as it is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Arla Foods?
They are a fabulous company to work for, they will help you any way they can and our site feels like one big family. They have great staff that will help you get started and you will not feel in the way or out of place as i personally felt i fitted in since day one.
More from Arla FoodsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!