Paralegal at Virgin Media

Bradford
May 2019

Connect with Virgin Media

My role involves the assessment of damage caused to telecommunication equipment, identify the defendant and pursue damage repair costs using a measured method of arguement. Litigating if required, ensuring the correct legal basis in raising a claim is used.

My skills have indeed been developed and have picked up new skills which have assisted with my current role.

I am enjoying the programme, assisted by the fact that it is flexible and with 2 face to face sessions at the university is a tremendous help. Long distance learning can be difficult.

Imagine yourself working at Virgin Media

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 8 roles at Virgin Media

To be honest, it could be better structured as in that we undertake weekly tasks which are not even looked at or marked

My employer is 110% supportive in our learning programme

We do receive support but as previously highlight, regular feedback on progression from the tutors would be appreciated

The qualification whether with our current training provider or not is important enhancing performance in our role

Personally volunteer (with my MD) at a mobile soup kitchen We do from time to time have social activities and recently had a spring team building day which was excellent Apart from the above, attend Rock Concerts with my colleagues from time to time

9a. Would you recommend Virgin Media to a friend?

I have worked for Virgin Media since 2001, seen a lot of changes over that time. The company have a fixed values including development and flexibility for their staff something not often seen within other companies. I have to say those who leave often want to come back

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Virgin Media?

Learn about the business, products and more importantly be yourself