1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am currently getting involved with sub-contract management, correspondences between us the (Sub-contractor) and the Main Contractor. Also internal reporting.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have achieved both of these through my day to day job, as I have recently moved to another part of the business and therefore I have needed to learn new ways of doing things.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my programme massively as it supplements my learning in University, and it allows me to gain experience of what it's actually like to be working for a huge construction company.
The programme also provides great support to ensure that I am constantly being pushed to improve.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is very structured, the programme team are always getting into contact with us with regards to learning modules as well as setting out time for studying.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We have continual support from our employer. They are always on the end of the phone if we need anything with regards to studying, university or anything else.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
We have full support from our university for our qualification. The lecturers always answer our emails with queries on lectures, coursework or revision.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I really feel like my qualification helps me to perform better in my role as it helps to fill any gaps which are in my everyday job.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
The teams are all very sociable so there is always events occuring which provide a chance to enjoy ourselves.
9a. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?
The support we receive and the fact everyone is so friendly and happy to help you makes it a really enjoyable place to work.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?
To be confident and know what you want as if you do this then Laing O'Rourke will encourage you and support you to get there.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!