Team Leader at EY

£166 weekly
May 2019

Connect with EY

1. Please give an overview of what your work experience involved:

I had various tasks to complete such as giving a presentation to a professional panel and working as a team to create a new product that was to be sold in the future. I also had the chance to work with the Ministry of justice, where I had to interview their employees.

2. What training and skills development did you learn from your work experience?

I had been trained to have excellent management and team leading skills so that I was prepared for the world of work. Throughout the experience I had also developed my creativity skills aswell as communication skills, through tasks such as interviews, which will be vital for when I begin to apply for jobs.

3. To what extent did you enjoy your work experience?

I had thoroughly enjoyed my experience with my time at EY, as I had developed many interpersonal skills and had a lot of fun meeting different people, which has also helped me build my confidence. I also liked the fact that I had been allocated a personal mentor, who assisted me even after the programme had finished.

Imagine yourself working at EY

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 9 roles at EY

4. How well organised was your work experience?

The team that was in charge of my programme were very well organised as they always had new and interesting tasks planned for us. Also they were very knowledgeable in the area of work therefore had taught us a lot, they also always knew what they were talking about and were very professional.

5. How much did you learn about the company culture and what it would be like to work there?

I had learned a lot about the company, for example it is a very professional and welcoming place so I would definitely consider working there in the future. Working there would be great fun as the people are very kind and helpful. Also they help you every step of the way making your experience easy and joyful.

6. How much did your work experience help you in deciding on your future career path?

My experience had definitely helped me decide on my career path as they allowed me explore many different career paths. I also got to talk to people in a variety of fields so I could find out about how they feel about their jobs. So if I also wanted to follow that career path they explained to me what I had to do in order to do so.

7. Were you paid or reimbursed for this experience?

Yes, I was paid weekly but I got my paycheck at the end of the month just like the rest of their employees. You also get a bonus if you complete the programme without any days off. You also get reimbursed for travel expenses no matter which transport you choose to come in.

8. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees?

There was a lot of opportunities for networking and meeting new people on a daily basis. Every week we would meet a new group of people that worked within a variety of fields, so I could ask them about their job role and work place. This was very helpful a it opened my eyes to many job roles I didn't know much about.

9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend?

I believe that working with the EY foundation would allow them to learn a lot of useful life skills and also help develop their interpersonal skills which is vital when working. It also provides you with a lot of great opportunities and experiences to help decide which career path they would like to take in the future.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY?

Be open minded as there are a lot of job roles out there you may like that you may have never of even considered before. Also be confident as you will get the chance to meet a lot of new people and you will also be working with in teams.