1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My Day to day consist of: - Reporting - Amending Trades - Dealing with Brokers - Reconciling Trades
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Have I bettered My EXCEL skills as well as learnt how to use new systems such as Power BI
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed the programmes as it gave me great exposure to the dealing word and also has put me in touch with some well known contacts in the industry.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programmes is well organised with constant 1-1's with the training provider as well as help and assistance from HR when needed.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a great deal f support from my employer in particular HR and my manager. They are always on hand if I need help with anything. in addition, they give me extra time off the desk if needed.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My training provider offers a lot of support with resources on one file, Monthly 1-1 meetings and also I can always reach my trainer via email if I have anything urgent.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I believe it has given me the basic understanding of the financial services industry. The qualification has bettered my knowledge in my role and also given me confidence to ask questions and challenge things.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
My team do football every Monday at Shoreditch... furthermore, our company also does Pilates, yoga etc...
9a. Would you recommend M&G Investments to a friend?
The culture here is friendly an Open. Everyone helps everyone and no-one is looked down upon regardless whether you are an Apprentice or a Graduate.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to M&G Investments?
Be confident and enthusiastic. Don't be afraid to ask questions and do some background research on the industry. Everyone here is friendly and helpful and don't expect anybody to know it all. I get reminded by senior managers that we are constantly learning as the markets are constantly changing.
More from M&G InvestmentsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!