Administration Apprentice at PSA Group

Coventry
£965 monthly
May 2019

I work in the Pensions department, providing quotes for leavers and processing deaths, and setting sup Spouse's pensions. I answer queries that people may have regarding the beenfits payable to thier families once they have deceased. I answer phone calls regarding address changes and quotes. I also do a lot of scanning and copying.

I have definitley grown much more confident throughout my time here, compared to when i first started. I have developed better communication skills with people in my department, around the buiding and when talking with members on the phone. I have also develped my knowlage of pensions and over the past year, have covered several different aspects of the deaprtment.

I do enjoy the work that gets given to me, It can get stressful at times when there is a bit of an overload of work and deadlines need to be met but i am quite caple of handling this and feel i enjoy the fast-paced environment. I dont really enjoy the apprenticeship work set to me as i feel a lot of the questions do not relate to the work i am set.

I feel my programme is not structed very well at all. I never seem to know when my apprentceship advisor is next coming in to talk to me, and when he does, i do feel like i see him for an hour, he ticks the boxes that he needs to and then i dont see him for another three months. Mty manager is also not very aware of my apprentcieship work and doesnt really understand the process of it.

Currently, I do not receive the support i should be. Pernsonally, my manager seems to be more concerned that my actual day-to-day work is completed and doesnt really show an interest at all on my apprentcieship work. My manager was not aware of the 20% of time that can be spent on my apprenticeship.

I feel that i can talk to my training provider and he will listen but i dont really think he gives me support or tries to sort any issues out that i may have regarding the apprenticeship. I find it difficult to receive support from him when i only see him a few times a year. I dont feel like i have much trainingat all and i am mainly left to work on my own.

I feel that due to not getting much training, and the questions on my apprenticeship coursework not really relating to me, i feel like it doesnt help me to perform better in my role as i have had to teach myself so much and have asked several people to take time out of their work and help me.

I am in the social comittee and do enjoy going to regular meetings and discussing what events we can put on for everyone. I do really enjoy this and i like the idea of being part of this small community. I do enjoy planning and working together with others outside of my role.

9a. Would you recommend PSA Group to a friend?

I would reccommend the apprenticeship becuase you will get good work exepeince and will be put in a sitiuation where everyting is past paced, and it makes you work harder, ther are also many perks such as the scheme cars and the good pay. However at moment i wouldnt reccommed the actual apprenticeship work becuase of how it is currently structured.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PSA Group?

If you want to work in a fast-pced environment then this will e the place for you, however, the apprenticeships are something i feel can be worked on better. However the company itself is really good and you will gain many skills from working here and being in this enviroment.