1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Absolutely amazing, you do life saving important work for the public. You don’t often get a thank you from people as sometimes they have to have their gas turned off but when you do you really feel like you have made a difference to someone’s life and helped
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt loads from plastering to pipework and more. There hasn’t been something that I wish I had learnt and not had the Opportunity to. I came in without any qualifications and they have given me the skills I need to do the job well and without fail
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Beyond belief it’s great, and so are the people no one is rude. Also everyone will cater to your educational needs and everyone wants To help you No matter who they are and high up they are
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Great, they have a big team of planners to insure your program is structured well and suits everyone. I haven’t had any issues with any of the plan but if I did I know they would be more than happy to resolve my issue so it suits me more
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as I need, for example I’m getting £200 for learning to drive and there are major benefits on the scheme. And as mentioned before everyone will help you and cater to your needs. The only bad thing would be outwardbound but that’s not a choice
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
If we don’t understand anything we can always ask anyone, everyone helps where they can enough to slow down if people aren’t as quick I’m happy to go at a quicker pace feel they’re going to slow but they will not miss anything out if scheme
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
All my knowledge building is needed for my role and I can definitely see that I have took that on well so they must of teached it properly Before I came in with no gas qualifications just my GCSEs put me up to this point confident to do the role
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Not that I’m aware of but there is a work yammer Invited to and there are little conversations on Yammer such a win a little van and you just have to send a picture of your normal working day in hope you will get a toy in return
9a. Would you recommend Cadent Gas to a friend?
The opertunitys, the nice people and the life it gives you it’s all greatAnd this enough I’m actually even told my friends to go because of how good it is good the way it is brilliant that allowed you to live very comfortably which good place to be
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Cadent Gas?
Go for it, it’s really life changing, sometimes you’ll be frustrated but it’s all worth it sometimes people will irritate you but again it’s all worth it. I don’t think I will ever leave Cadent I want to be here until I retire