1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Shadowing trainees from different sectors of the firm undergoing a variety of tasks such as researching background information about cases, researching current legal issues and proof reading. I found this really interesting
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Professional skills such as time management and learning how to proof read and research more effectively. I've also developed some personal skills such as learning to develop an argument and presenting ideas orally
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I've really enjoyed the programme. The company employees were really friendly and helped me settle in. It stopped some misconceptions I'd had before joining about the work culture. Furthermore, I learned some vital information about how to get into law and what its like to be a lawyer from the range of presentations we had. I really enjoyed my time at the firm!
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
I do feel valued because there was never a point when I had nothing to do: I was given specific projects to complete. My supervisors kept checking to see if I was ok.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised: On the first day we had an induction programme where we had a tour of the office, it training, a health and safety briefing and a teamwork exercise. Following that each day we had a new presentation on a topic such as getting into law. We then had a new trainee to work with from a different department. We also were given a journal and a quiz to complete to a deadline.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Good, we had a meeting each day to discuss problems
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There is an active charitable organisation which works with the local community.
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
I enjoyed my time at the firm
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Be proactive. Ensure you answer the application questions as fully as you can.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!