1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Installing and repairing gas services to peoples homes. Also locate and repair gas escapes in a safe and responsible manner. Whilst being an apprentice you have the duty to be punctual and polite to all customers.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how to fit gas services and how to accurately locate and repair gas escapes. I have also developed my people skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I think the programme was mostly enjoyable apart from a few things not running smoothly.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The structure is fairly well organised sometimes I turned up for course mikes away from my house to only find out that they had been cancelled, other than that the structure was good.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
You receive all the necessary support from your employer
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
The trainers are very good and support you with anything you need.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I feel that the training helps you gain a wider understanding of the job role you are carrying out.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Not that I am aware of.
9a. Would you recommend Cadent Gas to a friend?
It’s a well payed job and the company mostly look after you
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Cadent Gas?
Research the company and be a friendly and approachable person