1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Out on patch at different sites. Electrically testing and proving accuracy of measuring instruments. Ensuring accuracy of gas quality systems etc
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I will be learning many new skills throughout the apprenticeship while developing myself as an employee
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I thoroughly enjoy my programme, it is a long programme however the time is flying by and I am always learning and can’t wait to complete
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme runs smoothly, training is always booked in advance and relevant accommodation if needed. Assessors communicate and reviews let me know what I need to do to move forwards
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I am provide everything I need to complete the apprenticeship, training and tools etc
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My training provider has helped me complete tasks before due dates so I am ahead
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
My training through the college gave me a better understanding of the fundamentals of my apprenticeship
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
I have been invited to networking events. There is always something to be involved with, charity work and marathons etc.
9a. Would you recommend Cadent Gas to a friend?
I am enjoying my time here, the benefits are a massive point, the security and work environment are all really good.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Cadent Gas?
Be yourself when applying. Do some company research. The application process is quite long so don’t get disheartened.