1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
On a day to day basis I provide customer service and help customer's out with their payments for there car insurance. I work on Churchill and Direct line and I try to deliver the best service possible. I have to understand what there financial situation is when on a call.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many skills working with the direct line group. The main skill i have learnt is to over objections and try to determine whether a customer is telling the truth or not. I have developed team building skills as me and my team are very close and work together.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy what i am doing at the moment. I study and work and i get the best of both worlds. Earning and learning is defiantly the way forward in my eyes and id advise others to pick up apprentices if and when they can do so when they come up.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme we are on is poorly structured as we rarely see our provider and i do not believe we get as much support on it as we should even if the majority is reading the book. I believe we should have a training provider closer to where we are.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive all the support i need from my manager as whenever i am troubled or need her help she is their for me. The business supports my manager meaning they support me with how i am doing also in day to day life. I rate my employer very highly.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I do receive some support but its hard when my assessor lives so far away. i do not see her as often as id like to but in recent months she has defiantly made more of an effort to help me out and get in touch if and where she can.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Im pretty much left to my own device when trying to reviser for the exam. I use the people on my course more to help me out and we tend to help each other when it comes to revision, theyre more helpful to me. The qualification is interesting to me
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
i go to the gym but i dont really play any sports or have joined any club. id like to join a basketball team but their isnt one near me i could join so i havent really bothered looking into any other sports teams to join and im happy with the gym.
9a. Would you recommend Direct Line to a friend?
I think they are a great company to work for and progress with, the opportunity's as a company they lye out for you are over and beyond i believe. The job is simple and easy i believe and the wage is good and reflects this within the work place lp.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Direct Line?
i would say if you don't like talking to people then don't apply. On the other hand if you want to build you confidence and skills in the insurance market then apply and come work for this company as i believe there one of the best in the mark and im proud to work for them.
More from Direct LineMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!