Payments Consultant at Direct Line

Ipswich
May 2019

Connect with Direct Line

On a day to day basis I provide customer service and help customer's out with their payments for there car insurance. I work on Churchill and Direct line and I try to deliver the best service possible. I have to understand what there financial situation is when on a call.

I have learnt many skills working with the direct line group. The main skill i have learnt is to over objections and try to determine whether a customer is telling the truth or not. I have developed team building skills as me and my team are very close and work together.

I enjoy what i am doing at the moment. I study and work and i get the best of both worlds. Earning and learning is defiantly the way forward in my eyes and id advise others to pick up apprentices if and when they can do so when they come up.

The programme we are on is poorly structured as we rarely see our provider and i do not believe we get as much support on it as we should even if the majority is reading the book. I believe we should have a training provider closer to where we are.

I receive all the support i need from my manager as whenever i am troubled or need her help she is their for me. The business supports my manager meaning they support me with how i am doing also in day to day life. I rate my employer very highly.

I do receive some support but its hard when my assessor lives so far away. i do not see her as often as id like to but in recent months she has defiantly made more of an effort to help me out and get in touch if and where she can.

Im pretty much left to my own device when trying to reviser for the exam. I use the people on my course more to help me out and we tend to help each other when it comes to revision, theyre more helpful to me. The qualification is interesting to me

i go to the gym but i dont really play any sports or have joined any club. id like to join a basketball team but their isnt one near me i could join so i havent really bothered looking into any other sports teams to join and im happy with the gym.

9a. Would you recommend Direct Line to a friend?

I think they are a great company to work for and progress with, the opportunity's as a company they lye out for you are over and beyond i believe. The job is simple and easy i believe and the wage is good and reflects this within the work place lp.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Direct Line?

i would say if you don't like talking to people then don't apply. On the other hand if you want to build you confidence and skills in the insurance market then apply and come work for this company as i believe there one of the best in the mark and im proud to work for them.