Turbine technician at Siemens

£2,000 monthly
May 2019

Connect with Siemens

10 /10

As a wind turbine technician I am made to look after the wind turbines, including annual service, troubleshooting, retrofits and pretative maintenance. We work in teams of 2 up to 6 and can spend a whole day on a single turbine or carry out work on multiple in a given day.

Day to day involves a morning brief, sailing out to turbine, carrying out the days work, sailing back and then a demob at the end of the day.

I’ve developed multiple skills in my apprenticeship such as working with mechanical and electrical systems, work on hydraulics as well as pneumatic. I’ve worked on troubleshooting techniques and how to diagnose faults.

I’ve also worked on team leading, time organisation and the importance of being a team player.

I’ve enjoyed the programme very much and developed skills that will stay with me my whole career.

Imagine yourself working at Siemens

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 14 roles at Siemens

My programme was very well structured and involved the correct amount of academic work with practical work.

I’ve always recieved support from anyone that I’ve contacted or asked for help. The apprenticeship team are always there if needed.

My training provider was always just an email away and help me with achieving my qualification.

My qualification is based around the work I do so I think it will be very helpful with performing my role now and in the future.

There’s always extra curricular activities you could get involved with, from health and safety stuff, volunteering work, and site based stuff.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend?

Great company who looks after its employers

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens?

Research the company and be confident in any interviews.